Friday, January 11, 2008

Child Care Centre - Settling In (Part1)

Earlier when I went to pick Asher and Gwyneth home from the child care centre, I happened to find Asher in the toilet passing urine by himself. Before I could help him, he signaled to me that he wished to do it by himself. It is a scene quite totally different when he first joined the child care centre 6 months ago.


At that time, there was fear written all over his face even though I told him that his sister will be together with him. It was the first time that the twins were not accompanied by the daddy and mummy, though both of them had been in enrichment classes before. My hushand and I tried pyschologically preparing Ash & Gwyn for school life by reading related books and bringing them to the child care centre a few times to familiarise with the environment. Despite all these efforts, Asher in particular, was not receptive to the idea of "school". All he knew was that it is a place where he would not see his parents around him.


I accompanied the twins on their first two days in the centre; they were fine. But on the third "fateful" day when I had to leave the centre, they were both crying uncontrollably. It was heart wrenching for me as I stood outside the centre for about 10-15 minutes and the cries from both of them doesn't seem to fade off. As I walked back home, I realised that there was tears from my eyes. That was when I also discovered that I am equally attached to them as they are to me.


The crying went on for about a week and was getting shorter each time, according to the teachers. And perhaps you could imagine the joyful expression on their face when I went to bring them home. They were simply "sprinting" towards you!

0 comments:

Google
 

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner