Friday, February 29, 2008

What's so funny about Dr Seuss's books?

My twins had fallen in love with Dr Seuss's book and I don't know why? Maybe the books are silly and funny. To me, the story line might be a little nonsensical and the pictures a little wried. But as long as the kids love to read, it is what really matters.

We first read Dr Seuss's ABC:An amazing alphabet book and Hop on Pop during their toddler's years. The pictures are colourful, the words are huge and rythmed. I believe that's why they were very attracted to it and were generally able to sit through the session. But for toddlers who do not have long attention span, like my twin daughter, I would recommend that you read the books in a few session instead of one.

After repeated readings, my twins started to recognise the alphabets and soon able to read simple words! I discovered that when they took the books themselves and were reading aloud by themselves one day.

Recently, we got them another Dr Seuss's book "One fish two fish red fish blue fish". It is more of a "read it all by myself beginners book". Saying so, this 50-odd pages books still need to be read in a few sessions for my three and a half years old pre-schoolers. Currently, they are only able to read by themselves the first few pages of this new book.

Get the books :

*If you are an Amazon shopper, please support me by purchasing through the links. Thank you.
*Note : All books recommended here are read by my children and found worthwhile recommending.

Related post : 4 Useful Tips to get your child to read

0 comments:

Google
 

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner