Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My twins:"We are husband and wife"

My husband and I burst into hilarious laughter earlier this week when my twins claimed strongly that they are husband and wife. They were apparently trying to "emulate" what we had told them about our relationship.

"Both of you are brother and sister", we said.

"No! We are husband and wife!",they both said simultaneously. Despite several other attempts to explain the different kind of relationships, they had chosen to ignore what we had said.

It is kind of interesting here because in some ancient Chinese beliefs, they believed that twins of different sex are reincarnation of husband and wife in their past life. That's if you also believe in reincarnation. I began to wonder if that's true for my twins........though it sounded silly. *smile*

In any way, we decided to let this little "husband and wife" dialogue rest. Most likely, it is just one of those young kids' interesting dialogue or small talks that tickle your life.

0 comments:

Google
 

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner